Saturday, November 8, 2008

Update

I was supposed to update yesterday, but things went a little fast after the appointment and I have not had the chance until now. My blood pressure was still elevated and the labs they drew on Thursday came back with elevated numbers for liver function. The Dr. on call wanted me to go to Labor & Delivery to get the labs redrawn and have my blood pressure checked. They also had the heartbeat monitor on the baby to make sure he was doing ok. We were there for about 3 hours. My blood pressure reading were very good. It probably had something to do with the fact that I was laying down on my left side and I had just take a double dose of my BP meds. The labs came back with my liver function within normal range, but just barely. The cutoff for normal is 45 and mine was 44. My Dr. had them give me the first of two steroid shots to help develop his lungs and is having me come back in 24 hours to get the second one. They will also re-draw the labs to see where the numbers are today. I have also been ordered to bedrest, at least for now. I have a BP monitor at home ands have been checking it throughout the day. Everything has been good today. He is a little less active today, but he tends to have days where that is just the case... Maybe he is too busy working on getting his lungs developed. Either way he will be checked out in a few hours when we go back to the hospital.

We are not panicking yet, just really glad I have a Dr. who is always on the side of caution when it comes to health of both the baby and me. Will update when we are back from L&D.

No comments: