Thursday, November 13, 2008

34 Weeks 4 Day

Another appointment today. Baby passed his biophysical profile and non stress test with flying colors. He has been on the stretch today as well. I keep feeling him pushing into my rib cage and the Nurse said that what I'm feeling is his hiney. Even Erik could feel it from the outside. We spoke to the Dr. about what the expectation are in terms of how long we will go before getting induced. She is still waiting to shoot for 39 week (December 15) but it all depends on how things go. My blood pressure has been good on bed rest and the labs are now back to normal, so there is no reason to have him born any earlier. I want to avoid him a stay in the NICU so I'm happy with waiting, even if the bed rest is getting old at only 3 days in. I'll do whatever it takes.

Next week we will do another growth ultrasound to get an idea about how big he'll be. Of course it's can be off up to a pound (it was with Zack) but it at least gives us a little peace of mind as one of the problems with high blood pressure is growth restriction. I probably won't have any updates until next weeks as I will be laying on my left side watching TV until then.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great news! By the way - there is a new Chipotle at Ridgedale. Let me know if you want something!
grandma C.

Anonymous said...

I'm following Stich's heiny from California. Sounds wonderful!
Peeka/Bugga

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad all is well except that you are immobilized. Better you than a hospital incubator. Easy for me to say. Love, Paula