Thursday, November 6, 2008

33 weeks 4 days

Another appointment today. The good news: The baby is great. He passed all of his test, including practice breathing. The bad news: My blood pressure is way up from last week. Almost 50 points on the top number. They took blood to test for pre-eclampsia, and I'm doing a 24 hour urine collection (fun right?) She also increased my meds from 100 mg twice a day to 200 mg. I think I'm probably fine, but will do whatever it takes to make the baby safe. She mentioned bed rest, to which I heard my inner scream say "NOOOOOOOOOO!!!" Eun and Emily will remember how much I loved it the last time... I'm not sure I can manage without Eun and Colin bringing me Chipotle and playing Trivial Pursuit with me to pass the time (Word to anyone who ever plays Trivial Pursuit with Eun...She cheats. A lot.)

Any way I'm going back in tomorrow with my big bucket of pee in hand to find out what the next steps are. If we do have to have him early, we are far along enough now that he should be fine with a little extra care. Of course that is not my preference, but whatever we have to do is fine, as long as he is healthy.

I'll update tomorrow after my appointment.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are focused on collectables.
Peeka/Bugga

Anonymous said...

Obviously you aren't aware of 5 U.S.C. 2302, which clearly stipulates I get a piece every time someone answers a question. It's in the fine print.

Hopefully no bed rest. We'll have a long way to drive to bring you Chipotle.

e.

Tracy said...

Hang in there Mol!! I'll bring Chipotle!

T