Monday, August 25, 2008

23 Weeks 1 day

We had out follow up appointment at the North Memorial Perinatal Center today. It took over an hour, but Stitch finally decided to roll over and give up the goods. We finally got all of the heart measurements they want to see and everything looked good. He was measuring at about 1 lb. 3 oz. I'm not sure how accurate they are at this stage of the pregnancy. I know that they are NOT at all accurate with measurements at the end. I had an Ultrasound the day I delivered Zack and they said 5 lbs 8 oz. HA! He was 4lbs. 4 oz. Not even close. So next step is Dr. Baker on Sept. 4th. I get my 1 hour screen for gestational diabetes and I have a bad feeling that I'm going to failing... I failed the 1 hour with Zack and just barely passed the 3 hour.... Goodbye Ben & Jerry's... Not a bad idea either way since I have already gained almost 20 lbs. I'm going to blame the prednisone... Ben and Jerry are WAY too nice (and delicious) to be responsible for such a travesty.

The other exciting development is that we have crossed into viability territory. Technically babies can survive if they are born at 23 weeks. Of course no one wants this to happen as the survival rate is only around 50% (depending on what statistics you look at) and the rate of disability is quite high. I have had no signs of preterm labor and have no history either, so I'm guessing this won't be an issue, but it's nice to know that if it did, the baby would have at least a chance.

Next Appoinments:
September 4th - 24 Weeks
October 2nd 28 weeks
After 28 weeks we will be seen every other week instead of once a month.
After 36 weeks we will bee seen weekly until delivery!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do have someone working for me who delivered a baby at 24 weeks - has very minimal disabilities. But - no - we don't want that to happen. Keep up the good work Mom! (there is ice cream without sugar!!!)
Grandma C.

Emily said...

I hope you pass the test! I know you've been studying.