Monday, July 28, 2008

19 weeks 1 day

We had a wonderful time last week in Oregon at Lara & Chuck's wedding (Erik's sister) and Zack made an adorable ring bearer/dance floor manic. Back to the real world now...

Nothing new to report on the baby front. We finally went public to people last week as the word has started to spread a little. I'm not really able to "hide" any more and am now in maternity clothes, some of them make me look about 9 1/2 months along instead of almost 5!

Next Monday at 9:30 we have our Level 2 Ultrasound at the North Memorial Perinatal Center. For those that don't know, a Level 2 ultrasound, also called a targeted ultrasound, is done by a specially trained technician with more sensitive equipment. My Doctor wants us to get the more intensive U/S due to my age (I am AMA… of Advanced Maternal Age! YIKES!) My blood pressure issue and the Leukocyte compatibility issues that caused us to lose the last baby. They will be checking to make sure that the growth is on target as IUGR (Intrauterine Growth Restriction) is a big concern with both the high blood pressure and the Leukocyte problems. Zack had IUGR (VERY different reasons & circumstances) and was born at 38 weeks at a whopping 4 lbs 4oz! As much as I loved the nurses and doctors at the North Memorial NICU, we are hoping that we don’t have to spend any time with them for this one. I had a Level 2 with Zack as well. It's amazing to watch as they check all of the anatomy and even watch how the blood flows in and out of the heart. It usually takes about an hour. I'm planning on working that afternoon, so I will have an update as soon as I can. We will be finding out gender if the baby is cooperative. We figure it will be better to be prepared, plus Zack will want to know if he's getting his 'heart's desire' baby sister.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Glad you had a good time at the wedding! I saw the dance video--Zack was a maniac!!!! So cute!! Will wait to hear on the heart's desire!!
T

Anonymous said...

I want to see the dance video! I can't wait to find out about the results of the ultra sound.